Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Cutest Cat in the World!



Catster Page for Atlas: Atlas

I came home from a business trip to find that my roommate had adopted a kitten from the pound. Apparently this kitten caught his eye because he was running around his cage and doing somersaults and flips. I had a loft bed in my room which was too high for little Atlas to get into so for the first couple months I took to sleeping on the floor so that he wouldn't be lonely at night (or maybe it was so I wouldn't be lonely!) We made a forever bond those first few nights together, one that has lasted 11 years so far!

Atlas is such a love bug and the friendliest cat around. Atlas follows me around and insists on sitting in my lap whenever possible. He also sleeps at the head of the bed on his very own pillow, too cute! He has quite the personality and is fond of conversation. I enjoy our little 'chats' but I imagine he's just telling me to be quiet and to pet or feed him!

Although Atlas is the King of Kings and I cater to all of his whims his life hasn't been all roses. At one time he fell out of a window, 3 stories to the ground below and broke his leg. He had to wear a splint for 8 weeks but manged to hobble around quite well. For the last two years he's had a skin condition that makes him scratch open ugly sores. He's been on more meds and shots than I can count and is on a special diet as well. (he sure misses Fancy Feast!) He still is a trooper and manages to get the purring motor revved up even after I give him his medication.

Atlas truly is a joy and my best friend. I love him so very much and tell him so each and every day!


3 Comments:

Blogger Carolina Cats said...

What a lovely story of your and Atlas' life together. Wishing you many more years of happiness.

Finny & Buddy's mom

5:49 PM  
Blogger Skeezix the Cat said...

How duz Atlas survive withowt Fancy Feest? I reely injoyed reeding abowt him becuz I don't know that much abowt him. .... and now I do!

12:21 AM  
Blogger mister jeter harris, hizself said...

am i too late to say ...
atlas iz a luckee cat to hav hiz grate pop.

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home